Hastpadasana is one of the twelve basic asanas, which is very effective to cure many health problems by performing it daily. It helps to overcome many problems like constipation, back pain, hair loss, etc. Hastpadasana yoga position has many different names like: Hand to Foot Pose, Foot to hand Forward Bend Posture, Standing Forward bend, Jackknife Pose, Padahastasana, Hasta-Pada Asana, Hast-Pad-Asan, Hands and feet posture.. Hastpadasana is one of the twelve basic asanas. You must master this pose and its variations before trying the advanced Asanas.
How to do standing forward bend yoga posture or Hastapadasana:
- Stand straight
- Bring your arms overhead while inhaling.
- Now while exhaling bend forward and down towards the feet.
- Try to touch your feet or on the floor or on the legs by your fingers.
- Keep the position for 20-30 seconds.
- Now while inhaling slowly come in the standing position with your arms overhead.
- Now while exhaling bring your hands down.
Benefits Of This Asana
- Tones the abdominal muscles
- Increases blood circulation and strengthens the spine
- Stretches muscles of the back and helps treat back pain-related problems
- Makes the spine supple
- Betters blood circulation in the face area
CONTRAINDICATIONS OF THE STANDING FORWARD BEND (HASTAPADASANA)
Back injury: People suffering from lower back injuries, Spondylitis, Cervical pain or any kind of back and spinal problems should not do this pose.